A few weeks ago I posted a recipe for how to make your own nut “milk”. The first thing I hated about making my own almond milk was all of the almond pulp I had left over. I hate throwing away food (ask my fiancé), so after searching what I could make with the leftovers, I quickly became obsessed with energy bites.
Energy bites are so easy and so delicious and you can basically throw whatever you want in them. Feel free to add hemp seeds, chia seeds, coconut shreds– whatever you have in your pantry! They are healthy, and easy to eat on the go. Here is the recipe for the latest energy bites I made:
- 1 cup almond pulp well drained (or other nut pulp depending on what kind of nut milk you made)
- 1/4 cup organic rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons organic virgin coconut oil (warmed to a liquid)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or raw honey (try this organic maple syrup for free)
- 3 tablespoons organic peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 2 tablespoons organic cacao powder
- 1 pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix well
- Once the ingredients are well mixed and stick together, scoop out one spoonful of mixture and roll into a ball (optional: roll energy bites into cacao powder, chia seeds, or hemp seeds)
- Place energy bites into a glass bowl and refrigerate
Did you try this recipe? Please leave a comment below of how it turned out for you, any suggestions or your favorite modifications!